Faith Formation Mission Statement
St. Mary's Parish in the Diocese of Davenport under the guidance and leadership of the Pastor continue the message of Jesus Christ that provides the foundation upon which a life of faith, hope, and love is built. We recognize our responsibility as a parish to provide for every member of our parish community lifelong faith formation consistent with the Diocesan guidelines and of the Universal Church teaching through the ministry of Word, Worship, and Service.
Faith Formation Goals
1. Promote and encourage the proclamation of the message revealed by God which the Church proclaims
2. Build and promote community in the life of the Holy Spirit
3. Encourage service to the Christian community and the entire community at large.
Faith Formation Commission
As members of the Faith Formation Commission, we recognize our commitment to:
1. Nurture a mature Faith in each person
2. Proclaim Christ's message
3. Participate in efforts to develop community
4. Lead people to worship and prayer
5. Motivate the community of believers to serve others
We also recognize that primary Christian formation relies on the family and parish community while supplemented with the school of religion. Catechists and parents are considered a part of the Faith Formation Commission and are strongly encouraged to attend the meetings to provide input and share ideas.
Rev. John Spiegel
DIRECTOR OF FAITH FORMATION &
PARISH COUNCIL PRESIDENT